Thursday, July 9, 2009

TEC

I've never been on a TEC before, but I have been on a Koinia (I'm pretty sure I spelt that wrong) which is a college form of TEC at U of I and ISU, among other colleges in the area, and I have also be on a Cursio (pretty sure I spelt that wrong too), which is an adult form of TEC in Massachussetts.

Both were positive experiences for me despite my hesitations about going on them in the beginning. It was Cursio back in 2004 that helped me realize my calling to serve God in what I am tempted to call a more dramatic way. But really, it wasn't a more "dramatic" way at all. What it really was, was a living out Christ's love in my life more fully, more completely. I wasn't suddenly a "Jesus freak", what is a Jesus freak anyway and can it really be that bad? I wasn't suddenly awkward (no more than I am now...ha), all I was doing was trying, and I stress TRYING, to follow God's Will for my own life. And low and behold I was happy! I was complete! I found what I wanted to do with my life (ministry) and I found my wife! Pretty amazing. I'm not saying things haven't been tough since then because they have. But like in Jesus' parable about the men who built their houses on rock and sand... no matter what the storms will come. But with Christ as my foundation I can stand firm.

As far as my college experience went with "TEC" that too was a positive also. I was able to meet new students from across the campus who I had never met before and made some really good friends.

So please know that all of you who are going on TEC will be joined with my prayers for the weekend. If you haven't been on a TEC yet, I encourage you to find out when the next one is. Go. You won't regret it.

For those of you who are going or have gone, my only words of advice concern you experience after TEC. Keep the faith alive! Make it your own! Because when you are away from your community temptations will rise. You may... you will... fall. It's okay. Don't be afraid to give your life completely to Christ after this weekend. By doing so you will live a much fuller, joyfilled life. There are plenty of opportunities for you.

You can find fellowship through Life Teen on Wednesday and Sunday nights. Mass is offered multiple times a day at Epiphany, and we have a 24 Adoration chapel, including a LT Holy hour on Fridays to help to spend more time with our Lord.

In the words of our late Holy Father, Pope John Paul II, "Be Not Afraid!" God will not let you down.

God bless,

Jim

1 comment:

  1. First Cardinal posting is up.

    http://www.milk169.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete