Thursday, July 16, 2009

Waiting for Baby

For those of you who were at JFF on Wednesday night know that it looked like Amanda was beginning to go into labor. 10 hours later we are still waiting for that labor to begin.

She is contracting, but nothing is happening. Our daily lives continue as they have. It really feels like the calm before the storm. We're both really excited to have Robert Elijah join us. So excited in fact, that the waiting is making on antsy! This is a great test in patience and perseverance.

As a Father, I'm sure Milk and speak into the experience of going through childbirth with your wife. Obviously it is completely different for us compared to what our wives have to go through. But, we still go through a lot... I think. I know so far, while I may get frustrated that the baby hasn't come yet, my main role here to to support Amanda.

That role will continue at the hospital. Together, with God, we will welcome this child into the world. That's crazy to think about!

Please keep us (Amanda, Robert and myself) in your prayers as we await Robert's arrival. Stay tuned as we'll give an update when the big guy shows up!

God bless,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment